Aliengo: the robot dog explorer
The Aliengo robot dog offers all the functionalities of a robotics platform for autonomous navigation, surveillance and exploration applications, even in hostile environments:
- It has machine vision for 2D and 3D mapping of its environment
- It can walk forwards, backwards, over obstacles, up and down stairs, etc.
- It can run at speeds of up to 6 km/h
- It has an enhanced environmental perception system: three-dimensional vision, real-time mapping and dynamic obstacle perception
Aliengo is very stable in all positions. It has full 3-axis posture and position control, making it very adaptable on any terrain.
Robust and long battery life
Aliengo has a robust but easily dismantled robot chassis. Made of polymer plastic, carbon fiber and aviation aluminum, it is a robotics platform that’s built to last.
It also has a lithium battery to be able to continue it operations for between 2 and 4.5 hours, depending on the mission.
A mobile robot that can communicate with humans
Aliengo has facial and human motion recognition capabilities. It will follow its “master’s” movements and adapt its behavior according to these movements.
And its rich communication interface will let you expand its horizons even further, using the HDMI, USB and Ethernet ports to complete Aliengo’s arsenal with additional sensors, surveillance cameras or LiDAR options.
Technical specifications of the Aliengo robot dog
- Working payload: 10 to 12 kg
- Max. speed: 6 km/h
- Obstacle height: 18 cm max.
- Ground clearance: ≈35 cm
- Climb angle: 25 to 30°
- Battery duration:
- In normal use: 210 min.
- Permanent movement: 120 min.
- Quiescent: 270 min.
- On standby: 320 min.
- Dimensions: 650 x 310 x 600 mm
- Weight: ≈21 kg
- Communication interface: 2 HDMI ports, 2 Ethernet ports, 2 USB 3.0 ports, 1 USB 2.0 port, 1 RS485 port
- Software control interface compatible with: C/C++, ROS, etc.
- 2 depth cameras:
- Global shutter
- Wide angle
- Minimum depth: 11 cm
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 max.
- 1 visual odometer camera:
- Highly optimized V-SLAM
- Closed-loop offset: less than 1%
- Detection time: less than 6 ms
- Fisheye lens and near-hemispherical 163±5° field of view
- Facial recognition
- Tracking and recognition of human posture
- Real-time 3D mapping
- Route planning