In addition to the SEM mounts and holders for the JEOL NeoScope series table top SEMs, basic SEM sample preparation supplies are necessary for optimum sample preparation and correct imaging and analysis. They are conveniently brought together on this page. Although the JEOL NeoScope table top SEMs include operation modes to avoid charging it is easier to work with conductive samples and samples which are grounded by using conductive adhesives. It is recommended to coat the surface of non-conductive sample with a thin layer of gold, using a sputter coater. When using images to generate data for measurements, it is recommended to calibrate to the system the system first with an EM-Tec magnification calibration standard.
Basic sample preparation supplies
The folowing recommended basic SEM sample preparation supplies for the JEOL NeoScope can be conveniently ordered from this page. Additional information can be found on the relevant product pages.
- EM-Tec conductive silver paste or carbon paint to glue sample to sample stubs.
- EM-Tec conductive copper SEM tape to make grounding paths
- EM-Tec Silicon finder grid for either multiple small samples or correlative microscopy
- Conductive tabs to adhere samples such as powder on sample stubs
- EM-Tec stub gripper tweezers for the Ø9.5, Ø12.2 and Ø25mm JEOL cylinder sample stubs
- EM-Tec preparation stands for the JEOL cylinder stubs
- Value-Tec sample preparation tweezers
- Value-Tec dust blower
- Micro-Tec disposable scalpels
- Micro-Tec white PE PrepBoard
- Micro-Tec fine needles for preparing delicate samples
- Micro-Tec fine probes for preparing smaller samples
Calibration tools for the JEOL NeoScope series table top SEMs
Recommended calibration tools for imaging and EDX analysis with the JEOL NeoScope series table top SEMs are:
- EM-Tec MCS-1TR magnification calibration standard on pin stub
- Micro-Tec MTC-5 multiple target graticule calibration standard
- EM-Tec CSX-5C light element and EDX calibration standard