The Khepera IV robot is the 4th version of the Khepera mobile robot for education and research. This compact mobile robot is designed for flat surfaces (floor of the laboratory, table ...).
The Khepera IV mobile robot can be used for research and education in various field such as Navigation, Artificial Intelligence, Multi-Agents System, Control, Collective Behavior, Real-Time Programming, Advanced Electronics Demonstration...
Main features of the mobile robot Khepera IV
The Khepera IV mobile robot is :
- Easy to Use
- High modularity
- Powerful Embedded Computing Power
- Multiple sensor arrays
- High quality and high accuracy DC motors and gearbox
- Various fixation points (top and bot) for your extensions
The Khepera IV pack includes:
- The robot including high performance CPU and battery
- Power supply for recharge the battery
- USB cable
Technical specification of the Khepera IV mobile robot
The technical specifications of the Khepera IV robot are as follows:
- Processor: Linux core running on a 800MHz ARM Cortex-A8 Processor with C64x Fixed Point DSP core and additional microcontroller for peripherals management
- RAM: 512 MB
- Flash: 512 MB plus additional 4GB for data
- Motion: 2 DC brushed motors with incremental encoders (roughly 147 pulses per mm of robot motion) and gearbox
- Speed: Max 1m/s in open loop and 0.8m/s with Factory default PID speed controller Min 0.003m/s with Factory default PID speed controller
- 8 Infra-red proximity and ambient light sensors with up to 25cm range,
- 4 Infra-red ground proximity sensors for line following applications and fall avoidance,
- 5 Ultrasonic sensors with range 25cm to 2 meters,
- 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope
- Audio: 2x embedded microphones, 1x 0.7W speaker (400-20’000Hz)
- Video: Integrated color camera (752×480 pixels, 30FPS)
- LED: 3 programmable RGB LED on top of the robot
- AC adapter power: 9V @ 2.5A
- Autonomy: Approximately 5 hours. Additional turrets will reduce battery life.
- Battery: Embedded battery, 7.4V Lithium Polymer, 3400mAh
- Docking: Ready for docking (Power input and I2C communication)
- Communications: 1x USB 2.0 host (500mA), 1x USB 2.0 device, 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0 EDR
- Extension Bus: Expansion modules can be added to the robot using the KB-250 bus.
- Size: Diameter: 140 mm, Height: 58 mm
- Weight: 540g
- Max. payload: Approx. 2000 g
- Ground clearance: 4 mm. Use only on hard and flat surfaces
- Turn radius: 0cm
- Operating temperature: 0-40°C
- Development Environment for Autonomous Application: GNU C/C++ compiler, for native on-board applications.