OpenManipulator RM-X52-TNM: both lightweight and highly effective
This ROS compatible robotized arm is a compact version of the RM-X52 model, one of the TurtleBot3 accessories designed to extend the functions of your mobile platform. It comes in kit form with all the necessary mechanical parts and hardware to assemble. It also includes 5 compatible Dynamixel servos supporting TTL communication for operating the 5 joints.
Weighing in at 700 g, this OpenManipulator arm can handle objects up to 500 g (payload inferred from the servos). The gripper can hold on to objects from 2 to 7.5 cm wide.
An ROS accessory for TurtleBot3
You can easily install this OpenManipulator arm on a Turtlebot3 Waffle Pi or a Turtlebot3 Waffle platform with an OpenCR controller and program it through the controller or from your PC (you will need the U2D2 Dynamixel/PC connector). It includes the source code and development environment required for setting it up.
With OpenManipulator, you enjoy the benefits of a fully open-source programming environment: you can develop your own apps, install a variety of free software options, or count on the community of inventors to get help.
Technical specifications of the OpenManipulator RM-X32-TNM
- ROS compatible
- Servo motors: Dynamixel XM430-W350-T x 5
- Power supply: 12V (sold separately)
- Degrees of freedom: 5 (4 for the articulated arm, 1 for the gripper)
- Payload: 500 g
- Rotational velocity (joint): 46 rpm
- Gripper spread: 20 to 75 mm approx.
- Communication: TTL multidrop bus
- Software: ROS, Dynamixel SDK, Arduino
- Compatible controller: PC, OpenCR (sold separately)
- Weight (assembled): 700 g
- Length: 380 mm
- OpenCR controller and power supply not included (if the OpenManipulator robot arm is mounted on the TurtleBot3, it will use the TurtleBot3’s controller and power supply)