Phenom basic SEM sample preparation supplies
Introduction In addition to the SEM mounts and holders for the Phenom desk top SEMs, basic SEM sample preparation supplies are indispensable for optimum sample preparation and correct imaging and analysis. They are conveniently presented together on this page. Although the Phenom desk top SEMs include operation to avoid charging it is good practice to work with conductive samples and to make sure that the samples are grounded by using conductive adhesives. It is recommended to coat the surface of non-conductive sample with a thin layer of gold, using a sputter coater. When using images to generate data for measurements, it is recommended to calibrate to the system the system first with an EM-Tec magnification calibration standard.
Basic sample preparation supplies
The following recommended basic SEM sample preparation supplies for the Phenom desk top SEMs are available. Additional supplies information is available by contacting us.
- EM-Tec conductive silver paste or carbon paint to glue sample to sample stubs.
- EM-Tec conductive copper SEM tape to make grounding paths
- EM-Tec Silicon finder grid for either multiple small samples or correlative microscopy
- Conductive tabs to adhere samples such as powder on sample stubs
- EM-Tec stub gripper tweezers for the Ø12.7, Ø19 and Ø25.4mm SEM sample stubs
- EM-tec pin stub high capacity storage boxes for 28 and 153 pin stubs
- EM-Tec preparation pod for pin stubs
- Value-Tec sample preparation tweezers
- Value-Tec dust blower
- Micro-Tec disposable scalpels
- Micro-Tec white PE PrepBoard
- Micro-Tec fine needlesor preparing smaller samples
- Micro-Tec fine probes for preparing smaller samples
Calibration tools for the Phenom desk top SEMs
Recommended calibration tools for imaging and EDX analysis with the Phenom desk top SEM are:
- EM-Tec MCS-1TR magnification calibration standard on pin stub
- Micro-Tec MTC-5 multiple target graticule calibration standard
- EM-Tec CSX-5C light element and EDX calibration standard