- Capable of achieving vacuum of 2 x 10-2 mbar
- New touch and swipe capacitive screen
- USB port for upgrades and download of log files
- Multiple-user profiles can be set up on one machine
- New software sorts recipes per user, according to recent use
- 16GB of memory can store more than 1000 recipes
- New multi-colour LED visual status indicator
- Interchangeable stage options and plug-in heads
The Q150R Plus is available in three configurations:
- Q150R S Plus – an automatic sputter coater for non-oxidising metals. Available sputtering targets including gold, gold/palladium and platinum.
- Q150R E Plus – an automatic carbon cord coater for SEM applications such as EDS and WDS.
- Q150R ES Plus – a combined system system capable of both sputtering and carbon coating. The deposition heads can be swapped in seconds.
Recommended applications for Q150R Plus:
- Low and medium magnifications
- SE signal boost (improved SE yield) when coating with as litte as 1nm or less of Au, Au/Pd, Pt
- Table-top SEM coating
- Elemental analysis
- Copper metallisation layers for SEM
These products are for Research Use Only.
New user interface has been thoroughly updated:
- Capacitive touch screen is more sensitive for ease of use
- User interface software has been extensively revised, using a modern smartphone-style interface
- Comprehensive context-sensitive help screen
- USB interface allows easy software updates and backing up/copying of recipe files to USB stick
- Process log files can be exported via USB port in .csv format for analysis in Excel or similar. Log files include date, time and process parameters.
- 16GB of flash memory can store more than 1000 recipes
- Dual-core ARM processor for a fast, responsive display
Allows multiple users to input and store coating recipes, with a new feature to sort recipes per user according to recent use.
Intelligent system logic automatically detects which insert is in place and displays the appropriate operating settings and controls for that process.
System prompts user to confirm target material and it then automatically selects appropriate parameters for that material.
Intuitive software allows the most inexperienced or occasional operator to rapidly enter and store their own process data. For convenience a number of typical sputtering and carbon coating profiles are already stored but also allows the user to create their own.
Software detects failure to achieve vacuum in a set period of time and shuts down the process in case of vacuum leak, which ensures pump protection from overheating.
Automatic, controlled pulsed carbon cord evaporation
The carbon evaporation process can be terminated using the optional film thickness monitor, which incorporates a quartz crystal monitor. This recipe ensures that carbon is evaporated in short controlled pulses, which has two effects; protecting the sample from heating and ensuring the accuracy of the film thickness monitor. Pulsing also significantly reduces the amount of debris (including large carbon fragments) associated with traditional carbon “flash” evaporation. Pulsed and ramped carbon rod recipes are supplied as standard.
Cool magnetron sputtering
Sputter coating is a technique widely used in various applications; it is possible to create a plasma and sputter metals with high voltage, poor vacuum and no automation. However, this is not suitable for electron microscopy applications because it will heat the sample and can result in damage when the plasma interacts with the sample. The Q series uses low temperature enhanced-plasma magnetrons optimised for the rotary pump pressures, combined with low current and deposition control, which ensures your sample is protected and uniformly coated.
The Q150R S Plus and Q150R ES Plus use easy-change, 57 mm diameter, disc-style targets which are designed to sputter non-oxidising (noble) metals – ideal for W-SEM applications. The Q150R S Plus and Q150R ES Plus are fitted as standard with a gold (Au) sputter target.
Other targets options include; Au/Pd, Pt/Pd, Pd, and Cu. Platinum (Pt) can also be sputtered with the optional Pt coating vacuum hose assembly.
Interchangeable plug-in heads
This allows the user to configure the system as a sputter coater, evaporator or glow discharge system – all in one space saving format. A carbon cord evaporation insert is available as an option. Automatic detection of the head type when changed.
Detachable chamber with built-in implosion guard
Removable glass chamber and easily accessible base and top plate allows for an easy cleaning process.
Users can rapidly change the chamber, if necessary, to avoid cross contamination of sensitive samples.
Tall chamber option is available for carbon evaporation to avoid sample heating, to improve uniformity for sputtering and to hold taller samples.
Multiple stage options
The Q150R Plus has specimen stages to meet most requirements. All are easy-change, drop-in style (no screws) and are height adjustable (except for the rotary planetary stage). Some examples:
- Rotation stage (supplied as standard): 50 mm Ø can accommodate six standard stubs. Height can be pre-set.
- Rotate-tilt stage for improved uniform coating: 50 mm Ø. Tilt and height can be pre-set.
- Variable angle, rotary planetary stage for heavily contoured samples
- Large flat rotation stage with offset gear box for 4”/100 mm wafers
- Rotation stage for glass microscope slides
Other options are available on request.
The Q150R Plus meets key industry CE standards
- All electronic components are protected by covers
- Implosion guard prevents user injury in event of chamber failure
- Vacuum interlocks remove power from deposition sources to prevent user exposure to high voltage in event of chamber being opened
- Electrical interlocks remove power when source head cover opened
- Overheating protection shuts down power supply