- New touch and swipe capacitive screen
- USB port for upgrades and download of process log files
- Multiple-user profiles can be set up on one machine
- New software sorts recipes per user according to recent use
- 16GB of memory can store more than 1000 recipes
- New multi-colour LED visual status indicator
- Capable of achieving vacuum of 5 x 10-5 mbar
The Q150T Plus is available in three configurations:
- Q150T S Plus – an automatic sputter coater for non-oxidising metals. Sputtering targets include; Cr, Ir, W, ITO, Al other targets available
- Q150T E Plus – an automatic carbon cord coater for SEM applications such as EDS and WDS.Metal evaporation/aperture cleaning option available.
- Q150T ES Plus – a combined system system capable of both sputtering and carbon coating. The deposition heads can be swapped in seconds.
Metal evaporation/aperture cleaning option available.
Recommended applications for Q150T Plus:
• High-resolution magnification SEM
• Protective platinum layers for FIB
• R&D of corrosion-, friction-, and wear protective layers
• Protective layers on medical devices
• BSE imaging
• EDX, WDS, EBSD analysis
• Carbon coating of replicas
These products are for Research Use Only.
New user interface has been thoroughly updated:
- Capacitive touch screen is more sensitive for ease of use
- User interface software has been extensively revised, using a modern smartphone-style interface
- Comprehensive context-sensitive help screen
- USB interface allows easy software updates and backing up/copying of recipe files to USB stick
- Process log files can be exported via USB port in .csv format for analysis in Excel or similar. Log files include date, time and process parameters
- 16GB of flash memory can store more than 1000 recipes
- Dual-core ARM processor for a fast, responsive displa
Allows multiple users to input and store coating recipes, with a new feature to sort recipes per user according to recent use.
Intelligent system logic automatically detects which insert is in place and displays the appropriate operating settings and controls for that process.
The system prompts the user to confirm the target material and it then automatically selects appropriate parameters for that material.
Intuitive software allows the most inexperienced or occasional operator to rapidly enter and store their own process data. For convenience, a number of typical sputtering and carbon coating profiles are already stored but also allows the user to create their own.
Software detects failure to achieve vacuum in a set period of time and shuts down the process in case of vacuum leak, which ensures pump protection from overheating.
Automatic, controlled pulsed carbon cord evaporation
Careful evaporation allows precise control of carbon thickness (with or without the optional film thickness monitor). The quality of the resulting carbon films is also enhanced by the eradication of “sparking” that is a common feature of less advanced coaters.
For reproducible high-quality carbon films, we would recommend the use of shaped carbon rods. Rods are higher purity, less susceptible to debris and easier to control. Pulsed and ramped carbon rod recipes are supplied as standard.
Multiple stage options
The Q150T Plus has specimen stages to meet most requirements. All are easy-change, drop-in style (no screws) and are height adjustable (except for the rotary planetary stage).
- Rotation stage (supplied as standard): 50 mm Ø can accommodate six standard stubs. Height can be pre-set.
- Rotate-tilt stage for improved uniform coating: 50 mm Ø. Tilt and height can be pre-set.
- Variable angle, rotary planetary stage for heavily contoured samples.
- Large flat rotation stage with offset gear box for 4”/100 mm wafers.
- Rotation stage for glass microscope slides.
Other options are available on request.
The Q150T Plus meets key industry CE standards
- All electronic components are protected by covers
- Implosion guard prevents user injury in event of chamber failure
- Vacuum interlocks remove power from deposition sources to prevent user exposure to high voltage in event of chamber being opened
- Electrical interlocks remove power when source head cover opened
- Overheating protection shuts down power supply