Trident (EDS-EBSD-WDS) Analysis System
By integrating EDS, EBSD and WDS analytical techniques on a single platform, the Trident Analysis System provides a complete materials characterization solution. Seamless integration is ensured through comprehensive data collection and sharing between the different techniques. Each technique can be used independently, or the data can be integrated to provide results, which were previously unachievable.
EDS analysis provides all the tools needed from simple qualitative analysis to advanced quantitative calculations.
- Smart Features ensure consistent data collection, analysis and reporting, regardless of the experience level of the operation
- EXpert ID uses analytical intelligence to separate overlaps and uncover minor peaks
EBSD analysis combines the ease of use of the EDAX analysis software with the analytical power of Orientation Imaging Microscopy (OIM) to provide state-of-the-art crystal structure characterization to all users.
- Confidence Index (CI): patented verification of indexing accuracy
- Patented ChI-Scan™ for superior multiphase analysis for improved indexing accuracy and phase
WDS scans complement EDS spectrum collection to generate accurate qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Automated sample positioning for ease of use and maximum signal intensity
- High energy data collection enabling the resolution of the most challenging line overlaps
Detectors and Cameras
Trident incorporates the Octane Elite EDS Silicon Drift Detectors (SDDs) with sensors designed to meet key application needs. Industry leading electronics provide outstanding efficiency and resolution across the full range of count rates.
For EBSD, the available choices are the Clarity™, Velocity™ and DigiView EBSD cameras. The Clarity uses next-generation imaging technology for the direct detection of EBSD patterns to provide unparalleled sensitivity and pattern quality for EBSD pattern collection and mapping. The Velocity, powered by a CMOS sensor, offers high-speed EBSD mapping with the highest indexing performance on real world materials. The DigiView is ideal for high-resolution analysis.
For WDS, one of the Lambda spectrometers is available for WDS analysis.
Trident is the answer to your most difficult material characterization problems. By providing both crystallographic and elemental results quickly and easily, Trident enables our users to focus their efforts on understanding their materials, rather than on collecting data.